Stone Chalet is located at 1917 Washtenaw Avenue in Ann Arbor, MI. It is a complex of buildings located on three city lots and is a Bed & Breakfast Inn with a Small Event Center and also a family residence.
The site consists of several structures.
The Stone Chalet
- First is the original Swiss Chalet house made of granite. It was built for Dr. Dean Meyers and his family in 1917. This is the Stone Chalet and is the name of the business.
- In 1956 the Unitarian Church built the parsonage and a church building. These building are attached to the main house.
- The parsonage contains the majority of the guest rooms. We sometimes refer to this as Parsons Inn.
The Event Center
- The mid-century modern church building is used as the Small Events Center and can accommodate up to 100 guests for special events or meetings. The event center will be available to reserve beginning in November 2013.
The Cottage & Gazebo
- There is also a cute slate roofed cottage at the back of the property and a gazebo in the back yard. You can rent the use of these structures and the gardens too.
In August of 2013 Lana Hawkins and Mike Soltis became the property’s new care takers, aka the Inn Keepers. They are running Stone Chalet as a Bed & Breakfast Inn and Small Event Center and it is also their family home.